The escalation rule allows you to specify when a user receives an alarm on the platform and when alerts via email and SMS are sent out. This feature is often used by organisations with monitoring stations at a country, regional, and HQ level. Using the Grid tools you can specify when a user receives notifications, allowing for alerts to be managed at a country level before being escalated to a regional level if the alert has not been acknowledged.
To set up an escalation rule you must have Customer Admin level permissions on your platform. You can set up as many escalation rules as desired, for varying users and groups.
- Go to Alerts.
- Select Escalations.
- Select Add New Escalation, opening a new window.
- Create a title for the escalation.
- Select which group this escalation applies to.
- Choose the users which this escalation applies to.
- Set the number of minutes to delay the alert by for selected users.
- Click Save.