To learn more about a device, click on the device icon on the main map screen. This will open the device unit information window on the right hand side of the screen.
Information on the device, recent alarms and messages from the device as well as options to change device settings are available.
The icons at the top of the window allow you to do the following:
- Zoom in to the device on the map.
- Centre the device on the map.
- Lock the device on the map view so you can follow its course, this is useful if a device is moving.
- Add to history opens the history screen where you can view a list of all activity for the device in question.
Info allows you to view device details, including:
- Info shows details such as the tracker ID, type of device, location and when the last report was made.
- You can also make annotations here, useful for adding more details to a device.
- Each section gives you the option to Poll GPS at the bottom of the window. This sends a command to the device to retrieve the latest location of the device.
- The Alarms option shows you all alerts. You can choose what kind of alert to see over set time period.
- 'Messages' shows all communications sent to and from the device. You can also send messages to the device by typing into the text box, or choosing from the selection of canned messages.
- Setting shows current information on the firmware (for Track24 customer support purposes.
- The time indicates when the Grid last received a position report for that device.
- The settings code can be amended via New Settings Code. Here, device settings can be changed, this includes the reporting rate, panic interval rate, poll functions, device heartbeat and configured canned messages. The code is generated by Track24's code generator. Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7859 4655 to acquire this.
The Firmware is the version of the app or software loaded onto each Track24 device. You may need to give this information to Track24’s support team so they can help you identify the problem.